I believe one of the greatest challenge of the marketing profession is to come up with fresh ideas and stay relevant. My experience working at Disney, one of the world’s most creative and innovative companies, has taught me that to stay brilliant you need to surround yourself with brilliance: be it your colleagues, your business partners, your friends, the books you read, the movies you watch or the quotes you read first thing in the morning.
Here are 7 quotes from brilliant minds to inspire the marketing greatness within you.
- “An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail.” – Edwin Land
- “The consumer is not a moron; she is your wife.” – David Ogilvy
- “Your brand is a story unfolding across all customer touch points.” – Jonah Sachs
- “Whether B2B or B2C, I believe passionately that good marketing essentials are the same. We all are emotional beings looking for relevance, context and connection.” – Beth Comstock
- “Social media are tools. Real time is a mindset.” – David Meerman Scott
- “Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. ― Coco Chanel
- “It’s quite fun to do the impossible.” – Walt Disney